Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Project Gauge

To continue the topic of gauges I've put together a nice little chart for you to use when cataloging your gauge swatches. It seems that all kinds of things can be done with swatches, but for those of us that may tend to knit several of the same items or even knit different items using the same yarn, it is a good idea to catalog your gauge swatches so that you are not swatching redundantly. My absolutely favorite yarn to knit with is Lamb's Pride Bulky. I have felted many bags with this yarn, and I love the thickness of the felt and the shine of the yarn. I also like to use KnitPicks Wool of the Andes.

You can put your swatch into a ziplock bag and attach it to the page. Slip the entire thing into a page protector and keep your Gauge record in a 3-ring binder for further reference. If you can think of something else that I could include on this record just leave a comment and I'll be sure to update the page.

No comments: